View Single Post
Old 12-03-20, 10:09 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,861 Times in 6,072 Posts
Originally Posted by cubewheels
Not sure what you mean by "good food" here.

The healthiest foods I know, they do taste drab. I have relatives who ate nothing but healthy foods which is almost unpalatable and reached nearly 100 years of age ----- without modern medicine! They were very poor and consequently, can't afford hospital bills and meds and their solution was minimalist healthy foods. They never became overweight at any point.

Eat less of very tasty foods, you'll still be craving it. You'll need some real good discipline to control yourself especially when you're doing lots of cardio workouts. Won't work for everyone. Fill your fridge with nothing but healthy and drab foods, the temptation is much less.
Your relatives didn't have much choice, because they were poor. If you're affluent, you have a choice, and it you choose boring food in an effort to curb your appetite, it's likely your appetite will revolt and you'll find yourself cheating more.

Better to learn how to make good food taste good, and eat enough of that, which will help you resist the donuts and onion rings and bacon cheeseburgers that are out there. I know that I'm far more likely to go out to get fast food if I don't have a healthy, tasty alternative. Every day you DON'T give in is a victory.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles