View Single Post
Old 02-22-21, 01:58 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
14 hours in the books, probably 12 under Zone 3. I did a pair of 2 1/2 hour z2 sessions on the weekend in ERG and my legs feel fresh. Doing that same volume as a group ride in Zwift trashed my legs.

So I'm adopting an 80/20 plan this season. Boatloads of z2 and only 2 with an occasional 3rd hard sessions a week. We'll see how it goes. I've tried SweetSpot last season I was strong but never fresh. I have the time to do it, and more importantly the patience. Worst case I'll be fluent in Spanish and still suck on the bike (since I watch Spanish TV during these sessions).

I've had a torn left labrum for years which has caused a multitude of issues from a chronically tight and out of place back to nerve issues and multiple muscle tears. If I sleep on it wrong then its terrible. Now I know how to set it in place if it pops out and its a lot better. Once I can get in and have surgery I'm doing it.

My advice it to not always trust that the doctor is right; I've had it for years because several have been wrong.
Have you seen La Casa de Papel (Money Heist)?