Old 02-04-18, 08:28 PM
bkentr

Bikes: yes, Bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi Dark,
When it comes to assembling,cutting,welding and recycling old bikes, something to consider is that all those
NEW bikes that people buy, sometimes for a lot of money, were also welded and assembled by people.

I have been to CAT. Been buying stuff from them for 25 years. To my thinking they used to have better
deals, more selection, and a more welcoming atmosphere.
I remember when that Chinese "Ordinary" was new. I almost bought it. They wanted around $400, now they
won't sell it.

It does seem that quality/mid range 10 speeds are getting harder to find, now they are called "vintage" or "classic".
There out there, but bring higher prices.
Not that long ago, once friends found out I was fixing bikes again, they would bring bikes by to get rid of them.
Sometimes 4 or 5 at a time. Big ones, little ones, 10 speeds, mountain, some were very nice, most were junk.

Still have folks drop of bikes, from time to time, but mostly 26" bigbox mt,and cheapo kids bikes these days.

One comment about the PNW, west of the Cascades. It rains a lot. Love it or not, that's what keeps the
place green. So much of our country is dry, or irrigated, and not so green.

I like the green, feel at home here, and it makes the rain/fog/drippie bearable.

kentr