View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 11:54 AM
u235

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
But a lot of endurance athlete hobbyists are frankly ******* when it comes to the tougher intervals and hide behind low intensity "volume". You know, the A-group rider who does 10k miles per year but couldn't do a 3x3min workout if you put a gun to their head.
Like you said, different criteria for different goals. I doubt many sprinters can run a marathon and visa versa. There is a lot of in-between. Is that really considered hiding behind something.
A while ago I could do 20-25 miles relative high intensity (1.3 hours at 90%+ max average HR, I don't have a PM) I've gradually morphed to mainly 45-100 miles rides at a lower intensity (3-8 hours at 80% max avg HR). I have no doubt if I did just my old 20-25 route today, my hill climbing speed would be less than it was before. What you are pointing out has happened in my case and I can also feel it on the hills. I am not an A group and almost exclusive solo so my riding performance is without competitive goals and is what it is so take with a grain of salt.

Last edited by u235; 07-09-19 at 12:25 PM.