View Single Post
Old 08-07-19, 09:16 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3238 Post(s)
Liked 2,085 Times in 1,181 Posts
Edge 1000 & 1030 Nav issues

I've used a 1000 for 2-3 years, it's worked very well. Had not navigated on it this year, did a recent update (at least one this year) to v15.2. Tried to navigate a course generated in Connect (web version) last week, was noticing long lag for the device to "re-set" the Turn-By-Turn instruction. One turn had a right turn followed by a left in about 1/4 mile. I was viewing the data screen at the time and typically (and the way the 100o has worked for 2 years) the TBT screen pops up, I complete the turn, the device figures out where I am and goes back the Data screen. OR will at 1/10 mile show the next turn. Then after turn completion, resets (usually quickly) to the data screen.

Now it takes upwards of 40 seconds to figure out the turn has been completed and does not reset to data screen I f I view the Navigation screen during this, I can see that the GPS has me located on the map correctly, yet TBT is completely lagging. Making Nav useless if you have tight turns in sequence.

Tried a RWGPS .fit route, USB ported to the device. Same issues. Cannot update TBT. Called it in to Garmin, they created a ticket, had no other help, wants the files off the device.

I'm thinking old device, new OS, units getting long in the tooth and as well the BT connection never wants to automatically connect as it used to, so maybe time for a new unit. so I decide to buy a 1030. I configure it, update to v7.5 with Express, use it a day and have the exact same issue. Lagging on the TBT. Call THIS one in and the tech wants to combine the 2 issues with the 2 devices. Well OK, no confidence with this. As well the 1030 BT connection BT_Edge 1030 will not make an automatic connection, Live Track doesn't work, with Garmins answer being "Sometimes you have to re-set the BT connection at the phone". When I pointed out that this loss of BT kills the Live Track, there was no solution given to the problem.

I may just get an Elemnt unless anybody has a solution as I suspect Garmin is not going to.

Last edited by Steve B.; 08-07-19 at 09:21 AM.