Old 12-07-19, 05:30 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3377 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by aclinjury
Womens cycling itself is a bit of a joke. If not for the transgender issue bringing it into the news, nobody would give a crap about women's cycling.

I'll start to take notice when trans starting to win marathon and Olympic weightlifting, which they're not. Perhaps the REAL issue with women's cycling is a total LACK of competition?
I don't call it a joke, but anything other than the open division has handicaps for the category. I sometimes smirk that some categories don't want to be compared to para. It is all some division/handicap for those that are not the best. Missing hormones, body parts, too young, too old all the same. Nobody much cares outside of the open class events.
I think that we put women in the Olympics and those missing limbs in Para Olympics and somehow think they are different is rather silly. Neither, all are not open class.
It is good to try hard, but you are among the best of any human - or you are not. And the Nots are not interesting to the public, although maybe to themselves.

There are many reasons folks are not the best, from birth, or mishaps, or choice.
But they are not the best.
I'm not a fan of those that don't know their limitations. Other than CA law, in general, the money shows what matters - for sports.

Last edited by Doge; 12-07-19 at 11:49 PM.