Old 04-08-19, 09:57 AM
Notso_fastLane

Bikes: 2011 Bent TW Elegance 2014 Carbon Strada Velomobile

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked 701 Times in 418 Posts
Originally Posted by wphamilton
Personally, I'm not interested in feeling better about having it recorded or about the dog's privacy, nor any other false choice that may be presented as "a yes or no question".

I am asking advocates (the nominal topic here) how frequently if at all, their video has been used to prove the true events of an incident. For tangible results. Your answer is apparently "never", so thanks for that part.
Is one enough? Howabout five? Does it matter if it was me personally, a friend, a friend of a friend, or a random stranger?

You seem to to think that since this one poster is giving reasons he uses a camera, but hasn't had any incidences since he started using a camera, it's useless, or something. But why do you care? Why are you so against it? That's that part that makes no sense to me. Some day, someone that records an accident you might be in (let's hope it never happens) might have a dashcam or something that validates your story over a driver who is willing to lie their ass off to avoid any personal responsibility.

You don't have to get a camera. I originally got a gopro to record my motorcycle rides for fun. I also used it mostly for recording my mtn bike rides...again, for fun. I simply added it as part of my commute now as a minor insurance measure against the occasional, but too frequent, encounters with driving commuters who don't feel like bikes should be seen on the streets at all.

So, we've got at least one specific instance posted in this thread, where the video evidence led to the aggressive driver getting jail time. Is that not enough?