View Single Post
Old 11-04-19, 09:46 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Hence the [sass]. It's a thing on some forums to bracket or change color of text when making a funny.

I gave up on that fast greenway stuff long ago. Too many people to hurt. I just use them once in a while to link up sides of town. I've figured out how to navigate lots of neighborhoods by memory and just use the greenway for a 1/4 mile or so to cross major roads and such.

Since it isn't really safe on our greenways to blast along (way too many sharp/blind curves), it's faster for me to link up the neighborhoods and maintain more pace that way.

I can see your point though if you're on one of those 30 mile long midwestern greenways where there isn't a turn for 10 miles at a time. Around here, ours all follow winding creeks and rivers. So you only go straight for maybe a half minute at most at a time.
I've never bothered to look it up, but the legal standards for paths called "greenways" around here are different than "bikeways", "bicycle paths" or "commuter paths". I won't even ride on something called a greenway around here because it's clearly designed for foot travel and VERY slow bicycle travel. I'd much prefer to ride on a road than a greenway. All of the types of paths are multiple use around here, but some are far better for biking than others.
Likes For livedarklions: