Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Cypress
I think it's too easy to get through the lower ranks. Going from 4->3 should require more, which might alleviate massive clumping.
We see the opposite. So much so this is what was cited as the reason for the revision. 4's have been log-jammed with sandbagger forever. The Novice field is supposed to be what the 5's were supposed to be: not a field but a quick opportunity to dip the toe in the water and see if you like racing. Therefore the 4s are actually the entry level category that they were always supposed to be. If you have any ability to race your bike at all you should be in the 3's.

We have just killed the whole P/1/2 thing. Killed 3 designations that almost always race in the same race anymore. I get people want to hang their hats on all of that but what has effectively happened is that we've ended up with 1 large field where actual pros race and POS sketchy 3's who upgraded try and hang on. It really should be P/1, 2 or 2/3 and 3 races.