View Single Post
Old 04-05-20, 10:47 AM
oldveloman

Bikes: 1951-2 BSA 900E Roadster, 1961 Triumph Sports, 1953 Raleigh Sports, 1981 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Twenty, 1951 Taxandria, ±1950 The Gold Lion Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Hi all,
A few months ago, while searching for parts and stuff on a local motorcycle swap meet, I found a nice little tool in a box of junk…
We all know that BB-cups can be a real challenge to get out when they have been sitting in a frame for ages…

There’ s some tools available - as mentioned in this thread before - but mostly only suitable for the right hand cup.
The one I picked up ( for some pocket change ) can do both sides perfectly well…
I do have to admit that I had to reshape it a bit to take standard Raleigh cups and also had to add a threaded bar to make it usuable for the right hand side (fixed) cup as well, but, anyway, I now could - finally - dismantle all those frames with rusted-solid BB-cups…

Top picture: as bought. Below: reshaped to fit standard Raleigh cups

Below: using the tool on left hand side cup

Below: using only the inner bush on the right hand side cup ( fixed cup - left hand thread )

I also had to use my hot air gun, as all these cups had been sitting there for decades...

Peter