burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
Did the USA Cycling race on Zwift. Faster than most races and since it was pancake flat I really couldn't escape, no matter how hard I went. So it went to down to a sprint and I came in mid pack. I swear ppl in Zwift hate any races with elevation.

I think my results would have been close to the same in the A's (I did the B's).
You mean outside of maybe P/1/2 or hillclimb all racing people also hate hills.

Around here, all the group hammer rides are on routes definitely under or up to 50ft per mile elevation. I typically ride closer to 60ft per mile and sometimes in town by my house around 100ft per mile elevation. I like routes also with some kind of 2min to 3min hills a few times in there. Most of these races and hammer rides seem to avoid those.

There's one just out of town that does, but I'm not fast enough for that group yet.

I usually can explode our hammer group up hills longer than 2min. Then the heavier riders start moaning and complaining about "people taking chances or running signs and lights" or some crap. No, your heavy self just got dropped. For the 4th time on the same ride up a hill.

Whatever. I've a lot to learn still.......I've got it to the point I know I could WIN, now just need to learn how to not crash while doing so. Lol.

Today.....10k at my same original PR from last year. 10+ bpm lower HR on a little slower route.

Next week, taking bike to work for a 10mi TT try. I think the rule will be, if you're not stopping to vomit or cramping up.....the meter can't read less than 280w until you're done.
Likes For burnthesheep: