Cpn_Crank
Tourer

Bikes: 2016 Fuji touring, 2015 specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
I am unclear about what you are asking and what the current status is. But my only comment would be that if the front wheel has not yet been built, if you might consider a dynohub some day, get it now. The cost is simply adding a dynohub, skewer, and subtracting the regular hub cost. But to upgrade later means adding a hub cost, spokes costs, possibly a wheel build fee, and maybe cost of a rim. But if the front wheel is already a complete wheel, then the decision has already been made before now as to which hub you will have.
actually, I’m happy you mentioned that! The front going on there is just a carryover. I plan to have a matching wheel in the front someday and will have one built.

the status of the bike itself: the frame has been sand blasted and powder coated, and treated internally with rust inhibitor. As of right now, I am waiting on a bottom bracket tool and a headset to get to my LBS on order, and various other parts. The Gevenalle shifters should arrive at the end of May.

i estimate the headset will be pressed this weekend. Once that’s done, I’ll torque-in the BB and crank. The following week, I’ll be receiving the Interlok spacers in the mail. Once I do, that Fork will finally go in, and brakes will be installed onto the bosses and derailleurs will be mounted. Then just to wait for those shiny new shifter units

It didn’t even occur to me that I could put a Dynamo on the bike, but it really makes Perfect sense for touring. Thank you for the idea. I’m going to do that once I have the money!!!

Last edited by Cpn_Crank; 05-11-20 at 10:07 AM.
Likes For Cpn_Crank: