View Single Post
Old 06-07-20, 03:14 PM
Ross520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
No, we haven't all seen team mechanics washing bicycles. Frankly, I don't watch bicycle racing nor do I watch what team mechanics do. I have other things to do than watch bicycle racing and watching them mechanics work on bikes ranks even further down on the list.

Has anyone here said to just blast away at the bearings with a power washer? I think you'll find that the advice has been to avoid the bearings, although GCN did a video where they blasted the bearings at close range for 2 minutes without any water infiltration. If you have a problem with water getting into the bearings, there are 2 solutions. One, don't use a power washer right next to the bearings. Or, two, get better bearings with better seals.

I think something went wrong with your language integrity modulator. We might be able to fit you in next Tuesday for a diagnostic.
What the heck are you even talking about?

Firstly, I can't fathom why a someone would get upset because I said we've all seen professional bikes being washed. I mean, A, I think a reasonable individual would understand that "all" isn't to be taken literally. And, B, if that was my intention, why has that upset you so much? God-forbid somebody think you've seen a team mechanic washing a bike... The horror!

Secondly, NEVER claimed anyone on here suggested pressure washing like pro mechanics, that deduction should elementary on your part. It sounded like the OP thought it was a good idea because the pros do it, and I just wanted to explain why they do, and he or she shouldn't.

And lastly, what? It's the truth. That's how the world works, you think everything is even-steven in professional sports? Talent takes priority, that's just a fact.

And by the way, I would STRONGLY suggest getting up on a different side of the bed tomorrow.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​
​​​​​