Old 06-15-20, 05:30 AM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 379 Posts
A week or so ago the temp in Cen-Tex were above normal but since then they've come back down however the humidity has been below normal. Big difference between hot and humid and hot and dry. Generally it's hot and humid in Cen-Tex.
I finally rode with my cycling buddy yesterday. It was fun. He complained he hadn't ridden in 2 weeks and asked if I was still gonna ride the HNH. I said yes.
I told him how RT was already riding 100 milers and how that distance seemed daunting to us, at least at this point but fortunately we'll be acclimated to the heat... something that can't be discounted.
One of the things we discussed was discipline, and being lazy in relation to working out... I gave him my theory of I don't believe those words should ever be used in that context. I prefer instead the word motivation, or lack of. He in turn used the word meaningful. Some motivators as I see it, are girls, money, ego, pack mentality, and the list goes on. So when RT post those numbers it motivates me. 50+ miles for me yesterday and it was Hot.
My cycling buddy is basically my height 5'6" but weighs much less at 160 and spins effortlessly. At the tail end of our ride yesterday he decided to push it a little. So I got in his wake and smiled, literally smiled for a mile and a half. It's such a pleasure to be drafting behind someone who has such a smooth pedaling stroke and conveys enough confidence for you to draft really close ifin u ont to.

Last edited by texaspandj; 06-15-20 at 06:56 AM.