Old 03-07-19, 02:06 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by mattm
@aaronmcd do what you gotta do.

@33, damn this place is depressing lately! Am I the only one who still likes bike racing??

The 33: where racers go to **** on road racing, talk about quitting, and talk about zwift "racing".
So long as I'm terrible at this sport (and there's no getting around that) I'll still be in it. My massive inferiority complex keeps me around. As much as I want to win, I really just want to be relevant. Lining up I go under the assumption everyone out there thinks I'm a loser pos, or even worse they don't know I exist.

If I ever become successful at this sport (at a standard much lower than the 33's; there are some highly successful racers here) my biggest fear is I'll quit. That's kind of been my m.o. for my whole life. Try really hard at something, succeed, move on.

I also feel like for the 5 years I've been at it there are legitimate reasons I haven't done well (some may call them excuses) and haven't had a season where everything went perfect. Its sadly not going to be this season, hopefully next year and if I'm still a 4 at my peak form and fitness, that may be my swan song.