View Single Post
Old 07-09-14, 08:41 AM
ROB DS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My LBS just received the replacement forks so I dropped by to take a peek before they are installed on our bikes. The color wasn't horrible and isn't really an issue with me, however, I'll see when it's been installed and if all the new parts align with my inner cycling Feng Shui. For me it's all about the functionality and safety of the forks and the lockout. I'm also getting a different stem installed to eliminate some neck stiffness and hand tingling that surface on my longer rides and plan to (eventually) upgrade my grips (Ergon GP2 or P-1 MG?) so I can't wait to see how this all works out.

A follow-up e-mail from Trek on the progress, issues and customer concerns (Q&A) of the recall would've been a great PR move. I'm sure this is a tough event for them with lots of crazy dynamics to try and sort and navigate, hopefully they've learned a few things and hopefully this won't happen again.

Bicycle Habitat has some good info on numb hands, I would also get some good padded cycling gloves, that helped me quite (30%) a bit.
http://bicyclehabitat.com/faq/frequently-asked-questions-fq176/how-can-i-prevent-numb-hands-when-riding-47.htm

Last edited by ROB DS; 07-09-14 at 08:48 AM. Reason: run on words