Thread: Prostate/ REZUM
View Single Post
Old 10-17-19, 08:21 AM
mgearing

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am a cyclist, and I had the Rezum procedure done 5 weeks ago.

The results as far as improving my BPH have been remarkable. All my BPH issues are gone except for one thing, and that is cycling.

I waited over 2 weeks after the procedure before I started working out on my trainer. I notice that if I ride for an hour or more that my BPH symptoms would start returning. If I avoid cycling, everything works perfectly again.

I did a lot of research to see if this was common, but could not find anything. So here is what I think is happening. The Rezum procedure works by killing the inner layer of your prostate, which then takes several months for your body to reabsorb. I think sitting on a saddle during this recovery period irritates the healing prostate, and it swells a bit. So I am going to wait until my prostate has fully shrunk in another month or two before I return to cycling. I also speculate that this is more likely if you had a median lobe in your prostate. It tends to push into the neck of your bladder, and men with this don't respond to BPH meds as well as others. Rezum goes after this lobe, too, and I think that is exactly what gets irritated by cycling.

I will post back here about Thanksgiving when I will restart cycling again. I am hoping my prostate will be shrunk and healed enough by then to return to cycling.