View Single Post
Old 10-09-13, 05:36 PM
AnthonyMcEwen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Everyone is gonna flame me for it, but I run gator hardshell 25mm and can't puncture them no matter what I try, I decided today to take a short cut home, about 1/2 mile single track on a slight down hill! On 25mm tire boy is that fun! I went over huge roots and down holes and over terrain I'd never thought a road bikes should go on let alone an old steel road bike! And iv learnt that actually the road bike can handle much much much more than your expect, I find coming off the MTzb gives the same feel when I take the road bike out like its really slippy so I say just go ride like 10 miles and I'm sure it will start to feel fine again, I actually felt OK off road on my road bike so long as I wasn't going past 15MPH, I rode over horse chestnuts (Big green spike things) and didn't have any problem! I do however hate ridding in the rain and no what you mean I go slow in the rain as any corner I take or manhole I go over o think I'm gonna wipe out! So yhea I think you just need to go ride and get used to it again its you not the bike I'm afraid!

And now that I know what a road bike feels like offroad I am deffintly wanting to take up cylocross, although I'm not sure the road bike will be up to it on 25 as it was a bit hairy in places but took huge roots no problem, I think a cross bike with some worded knoblys is gomma be fun!

And yes I know I shouldn't have done it but if you have a old steel bike or cheap bike take it off road its amazing going that fast offroad such a fun experience! And scary!

I think people under estimate just how much grip you get on these skinny tires there only slippy in wet conditions IMO!