Old 09-23-18, 01:39 PM
pennpaul

Bikes: Diamondback Haanjo Trail, Fuji Team Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel
Well, removing the 1mm spacer did make a difference, as you are now able to shift into all 11 cogs. Have you checked derailleur hanger alignment?
You haven't said if you have gone through a complete start to finish derailleur alignment procedure, starting with the cable disconnected... adjusting the low and high stops without chain or cable. Have you done this??
Before I removed the spacer, I did disconnect the cable, rechecked my high and low limits--a lot--then reconnected the cable. I was able to shift into all 11 speeds at that point but it seems to be about the same as it is now without the spacer. I didn't actually ride it with the spacer in place--I live in a high rise so it's kind of a PITA to lug tools down to the street, etc. I also don't have a repair stand so everything is done while the bike is upside down

Of course, after I removed the spacer and reinstalled the cassette, I went through the whole process again.

I will have to take a picture of the rear derailleur and post it here. I haven't crashed the bike but it did fall over once but it didn't affect shifting with the 11-32. The top jockey wheel seems to be aligned with the cassette while the bottom wheel seems to be kicked out a little away from the wheel which, I think, would explain the difficulty in shifting to the big cog. I'm assuming the cog and the 2 jockey wheels should all be coplanar?