Old 10-18-18, 11:01 PM
Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
I like the weightlifting discussion. Right now is just general fitness and I'll transition to cycling specific in a few weeks. Once I finish that I'm thinking about keeping at least a day or two a week in the gym where I'll do higher rep stuff. Two reasons.. Aesthetics.. It's kinda nice to have what looks like the semblance of an upper body and having better general strength will help me to do my job better.

Right now I'm doing 4x6 full body ( I can link the actual plan if anyone cares). And once I go to cycling specific it'll be something based around the FASCATS plan they have on their website. In a nutshell, hypertrophy, strength, then power. The power segemnt has jump squats in it which I've never done. I try to accelerate through the top of a squat anyways, even if it means I'm not getting quite as deep. Right now my knee is still partially ****ed up so i can't go all the way down anyways.

Bike training.. Still low volume, but planning a cx race this weekend and I'm taking a friend out on a test ride of my road bike that I'm considerring selling. I did ride the alpe de zwift the other day and was surprised at my power tbh. Legs were good, lungs weren't. No surprise there but the numbers weren't as bad as I was expecting. Sweetspot should be right around where it was end of last winter iirc.