View Single Post
Old 10-24-18, 10:33 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
I've mentioned previously that my head has not been in the game of late due to multifactorial non-bike life stuff that just needs to shake itself out over time. All that stuff is still going on, inching through making some progress on it though.

Did some volume riding this past weekend over at Catalina, relaxing and hanging out with friends. Then Monday hit at work and come Tues am, I just couldn't bring myself to attempt the seemingly insurmountable workout on my schedule, a harder-yet version of an already-hard workout I've been struggling with for a couple of months. Wound up sending @Racer Ex my data for the week, with the comment that it this workout is what it takes to meet my goals, then maybe I need to rethink my goals. Got a very helpful reply, a little adjustment to the schedule to bring it back to being fun for a little bit, until life shakes out, and the comment that we'll revisit that workout in maybe a modified form down the road. Ahh, felt way better after that.

Then this morning, I met a friend to ride and she mentions she's given notice to her coach after a year. I ask her why, it seemed to be going well. and she tells me life is getting in the way- working two jobs, getting a divorce, needs to help organize her sister's wedding, having eye surgery soon. Sometimes she just can't get the workouts done and then response she got was scolding email from her coach. She understands what her coach is saying but decided its just not worth it to her to continue and feel guilty about what her training. Time to just do it herself for awhile.

Really drove home to me how fortunate I am to be working with Ex. We're coming up on 4 years and training/racing is still a positive force in my life that actually helps me when the going gets tough. Not to mention of course results that are way better than I could achieve on my own. #lucky