Old 11-16-18, 07:47 AM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
For me, it's going to be complicated. For the regular Audax Malaysia Randonneurs brevets, I won't try to do everything like last year but will still be attempting the SR series at the minimum, and that is primarily for the qualification to go to Paris. I'll be using my BRM1000 ride from 2018 as prequalification for PBP (whenever that is open), but there's a bit of complication in terms of logistics. Air travel and accommodation I can deal with somehow, but family scheduling will be tricky so while I'll still register and hope for the best, I have to consider that something might clash and prevent me from going in August, no matter how remote the chances may be. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, as the saying goes.

Aside from the randonneuring scene, I was also thinking of joining the Powerman duathlon in March. Only problem is, I'm not much of a runner and so far, I've only done two 3km runs at a relatively slow pace so... I'll have to see how fast I can train up to 10+10km before the registration closing date to decide if it's a thing I really want to do.

And that's about it for my plans. First brevet of the season (for me, at least) will be a hilly 300k at the beginning of December. Here's hoping to be in Paris in August 2019!