Old 02-17-18, 04:09 AM
Monkeyfudger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don’t even talk to me about tubeless Vittoria Speed’s, I’ve been racing on the road on them for a year now.

Absolutely awesome tyres, stupidly fast and they feel amazing but damn, getting them mounted on my wheels was a complete nightmare.

Using Tyre levers on a full carbon rim had my bum hole puckering, I was sweating like I’d just come out of the sauna!! I recently had to remove the rear Tyre to replace the sealant as I’d let it go flat over the winter, didn’t have a syringe to remove the old sealant and popping the bead to pour it out like I do on the MTB is impossible....

I’m still a full noob on the track but running the new Vittoria Pista clinchers, they feel good. Weirdly I did have an inner tube blow for no apaparent reason in the car which popped the bead off the first time I used ‘em. Unnerved me a good bit but haven’t had a problem since, the tube had been sat for a long time wrapped in an old coffee bag strapped to my training bike though!

If I eventually buy something nice and aero for the front of the bike it’ll probably just be a Clincher as dealing with tubs is crap, I’d never run tubeless on the track though.

I’ve got a rear disc that I’ll eventually use on the track that’s a tub, meh......

Last edited by Monkeyfudger; 02-17-18 at 04:28 AM.