WizardOfBoz
Generally bewildered

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 6.9, 1999 LeMond Zurich, 1978 Schwinn Superior

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
Well, I'm 63 years old and still get the morning paper delivered. Why? Because I like to read stuff that's not bouncing all over the place and has a contrast between the type and the surface (paper/screen) my old eyes can handle. Why do people blab on when they could say a few words?
The thing I've given up on is getting recipes via my wifes ipad. Slow as hell, hard to key, and then the recipes are 40 pages of frickin click-bait. I use a PC to get anything off the web I need. Likewise, reading the paper online is a PITA. I get the paper to avoid that, and to allow me to select instantly what I want to look at. And the comics. And the crossword.

So my pet peeve is off-topic dissembling (unlike the on-topic dissembling I do) . I think spending 30 seconds with the guy that made that video would drive me bananas. Not only that, but in a video that folks can stop watching at any time, d'ya think it might help to get to an interesting point within 3 seconds? This video was made without any consideration of someone watching it, completely negating any value it has.

Last edited by WizardOfBoz; 10-15-19 at 09:32 AM.