Old 11-19-19, 08:40 AM
mr,grumpy 

Bikes: 1978(ish) Peugeot PRN10e, Specialized Tricross

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 25 Posts
A question about bike sizes.

The first "nice" road bike that I had as an adult was a 54cm Peugeot, vintage, PR series tat I hapened upon purely by chance. At the time I didn't re;I've that it was "too small" for me and that, acording to the charts and the way that I felt on a bike, at least vintage ones, I was best suited to a 58cm frame, fully two sized larger than what I had. So, I sold it and got a more modern, 58cm Trek 1500. It was, as you can imagine, a much nicer bike than the old Peugeot, if a little more "generic". The problem was that, despite the internet and the 58cm vintage bike I had been riding, telling me that a 58 was the thing, it wasn't and it was too big and got sold. Then, along came my bike now, a Specialized Tricross in 56. It's perfect. No issues. Its set up for general use and I wanted a "race bike" so I got ahold of a Roubaix of a similar vintage, thinking that it was a 56 and i am perfectly comfortable on it and content and it's really a 54. The exact same size that was "too small" for me initially. To test weather or not I've drunk or someting I got a ride on that vintage 58 and it still seems to fit me fine, but going up to a vintage 60cm isn't going to work at all. How can I be so random in what I think "fits" me and wat doesn't?

1980ish Raleigh Marathon (Vintage Steel)
2006 Trek 820 (Captain Amazing)
2010 Specialized Tricross (Back in Black)
2008 Specialized Roubaix