Old 12-05-19, 02:23 PM
Phamilton
Virgo

Bikes: A touring bike and a hybrid

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 69 Posts
I mounted the bag to my other bike. It’s been a few weeks I guess and I’m still using it every day. The rain cover works pretty well. Having the front rack to support it is pretty nice but also moves it up and forward in relation to the handlebars, blocking part of my headlight beam. I zip tied this little 200lm aaa flashlight to the front rack and it helps. I don’t go riding at night for fun in the winter, and my commute is only 15 minutes so I’m not worried about having to change batteries too often. I’ve thought about taking the front rack off this bike several times but I just like having it so much. I bought a couple carabiners to experiment with, for now just have them clipped through the loops on the bag to the rack. They do rattle a little bit but not enough to drive me nuts, and they hold the back and bottom of the bag in place pretty well. I have a braided paracord lanyard I was looking at that made me wonder if I could braid some straps to specific lengths and use carabiners or rings or something to facilitate a quick release. So with the carabiners now included I have $4 invested. So far so good.

Likes For Phamilton: