View Single Post
Old 06-24-14, 11:08 AM
Dylj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunsanvil
I'm VERY leary of advice given like that when, magically, the one they recommend is the one they have in stock. That said, if you read my post on the geometry of the 2013/2014 frames, there in truth is not exactly a ton of delta between any two adjacent sizes (between the 17.5 and 19.5 there is only 6mm of stack and 10mm of actual reach difference, stock stems notwithstanding). As long as you dont have an excessive amount of seat post showing, and dont feel like you want to push yourself off the back of the seat, you may well be ok on the smaller of the two, but it would behoove you to try to find a store with the other size to at least try so that you wont be forever second guessing yourself.
To be fair as it's a new model they had none in stock so he said he would order in the 17.5 but if I felt is was too small he would order me in the 19

But thanks for the advice I bought a cube cross race and the top tube is so small and I get loads of pedal overlap and very uncomfortable to ride they were the only store that would take it in part exchange