Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked 1,056 Times in 635 Posts
Originally Posted by OHMO
Search is over.

Recumbents are not suitable for me because, as pointed out in the initial post, most of my riding will be "in town" - residential and retail/commercial streets. I think they are just too low to be seen by drivers on their phones or even being alert while driving. An upright might be missed, too, but it will give me a better view of what's coming and going around me. However, I do appreciate - and considered - all the information, links, opinions, etc, provided.

Seems I stumbled into the only bike shop in St Louis that had a trike of any ilk on the floor, assembled, and available to test ride. Sun Traditional 24" model. In budget & three speeds, too. Test ride was pretty taxing for me. The hill the shop sits on would have been difficult for me on foot, and the 1/4 distance I pedaled (nonstop back to the shop) had me huffing and puffing (note to self - remember to take inhaler next time.) Would not have even gotten started in a single speed trike. It fits in my Escape after handle bars and post are removed, so I know I can drive to the Katy trail once or twice a week for a real good workout.

So, again, thanks for the inputs.
Actually hanging you head down DOES NOT give you a better view. On a recumbent bike or trike you sit upright and have basically a 180 degree view. Add a rear view mirror that works better on a bent, the riders view is much better.