Old 01-25-19, 11:47 AM
Midway

Bikes: Colnago Master PIU 90's era, Cannondale Synapse Hi-MOD Disc 2018

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by curbtender
Pretty much what all the riders in my group are going to. I've been a holdout, still running my 23cm tires, but my next project will be something with fatty tires. 2 months on the new hip? Guess they are cutting you loose. I'm a year out from a hip surgery with complications and have to say it made life much more enjoyable.
I was just in for my 6 week checkup and my doctor said no restrictions, if it hurts, don’t do it or at least back off. Sometimes I forget and don’t even think about the hip but every once in awhile I’ll move a certain way and feel a sharp pain.

I’ve been riding the trainer and did feel some burning near my stitches after three straight days so took the weekend off and all is fine.

I do need to build up my fitness before I get on the road. I can not afford to fall and am told it takes up to 9 months to fully heal. I live on the West Hill of Kent just north of Federal Way and in my younger days used to ride from my house to the Green River trail but I will drive down with my bike to the flats for the time being. The hill back home is pretty steep in places.

Sorry you still have complications but glad overall things are more enjoyable.