View Single Post
Old 07-14-19, 10:53 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
Counterpoint: zombie threads are funny and entertaining.

Someone who must spend hours creating nested quotes that no one reads can't really complain that zombie threads waste their time.
I earlier posted on this thread similar to Nachoman’s response to a zombie thread:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Just now I encountered a thread about dogs, on the Road Cycling Forum, from 2005,with a couple of new replies. I posted my consternation.
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Oh, that thread has gone to the dogs.

What difference does it really make? There was also a thread that popped up about drive-up windows. An issue that was around a decade ago, and still an issue today…

I'm just as happy to see a few comments in the old thread, and then let it sink down again for another decade as to see a bunch of redundant threads pop up.
Thanks for your reply @CliffordK. Since I had been participating on this thread, I was at least amused to encounter that old thread on a recurrent topic resurrected after so many years.

Shortly after my post, three consecutive subscribers commented similarly… I guess my dismay about reading and uncovering a zombie thread is that I was fooled again.
Originally Posted by Nachoman
Crap. I fell for it and started reading the 10 year old essay. I wish zombie threads were easier to identify.
BTW, I don’t consider posting (and reading) BikeForums a waste of time. Indeed, I have frequently posted,
Posting has become an avocation for me…and beside the exchange of information and ideas [and just chatting], I enjoy the mechanics of writing, such as grammar, composition , style, etc. for that addtional mental stimulation.

So with my experiences in cycling, and my frequent posting over the years, if I have replied on a recurrent topic [or read another subscriber's good one], written to my satisfaction, I’ll just quote it. A further challenge then becomes finding the post….
Actually, a waste of time for me is responding to these recurring wearisome replies about my posting style, instead of just ignoring my posts.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 08-07-19 at 04:15 AM.