Thread: RAGBRAI Trouble
View Single Post
Old 10-16-19, 08:22 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4788 Post(s)
Liked 3,910 Times in 2,543 Posts
I find this all quite amusing. Poor decisions by all parties, both in the past and now. Both the sign holder and reporter apparently made some not-so-smart tweets. Apparently making statements for all the world to see forever doesn't require any thought as to consequences. The Register made some heavy-handed decisions that do not shine the world's best light on them (and will force them to hustle a little harder next summer).

I'll bet everything is just going to roll along as it should. Those who made poor choices will pay but their lives will go on. RAGBRAI will go on just fine next summer, maybe not quite sold out. I'll guess the new ride will have between 100 and 1000 riders. There's room for both and if both are run well, both should grow.

My big take from all this? Just - think before you act. Maybe even hold your thoughts until you wake up tomorrow.

Ben
Likes For 79pmooney: