Old 11-23-13, 04:11 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Today ... Rowan and I decided to do some sightseeing from the campground where we are staying this weekend.

First, we walked through the historic town to a lovely little old bakery where we had breakfast (French toast with maple syrup ... one of my favourites, and very naughty given the diet I should be eating these days).

Then we walked back through town, looking at the historic buildings, and browsing through the shops. We also stopped in the Tourist Information Centre/Museum/Wool shop to have a look around. The sheep industry is big here, and they had an interesting display of the different types of wool, as it comes right off the sheep before processing. We could pick it up, touch it, pull it apart, etc. and feel/see the differences in the wool between one sheep and another. Merino was, of course, the finest grade and softest wool.

We returned to our campsite, and got set to go for a ride. We had a marvellous tailwind all the way to the next town up the road, and found our destination quite easily ... the sheepdog trials!

Very interesting! I had never seen the sheepdogs in action before. It is something I'd go to see again ... I find the working dogs fascinating.

And then we cycled back to the campground again ... into a headwind.

I spent some time walking around and taking photos, then we walked into town for dinner.

All in all, a good day ... and the only use we made of our van was as our accommodation.