Old 10-17-15, 09:17 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Ironman Information Thread

Before my memory fades, and while enthusiastic cult members remain, perhaps a thread would be in order to assist and inform the masses. There are many Ironman bikes out there in the hands of the enlightened, and many more in the wild, seeking intelligent captivity. While the "80's paint job" thread has about everything you could think of about the Ironman models, this one is simply about "what came on what, and when."

By no means do I know everything, or can remember everything, about the changes in the iconic bike from the beginning until it left us in 1989. There are subtle differences, even in the same model years, that we geek over, discuss, and let each other know. Once in a while, one of us runs across an all-OEM model, and can fill in gaps. The 80's were a time of change in bike production, and those affected the Ironman, as well. My suggestion is we stick to what we know as fact, or supported rumor, like geometry changes, etc. My suggestion is we leave the debatable opinions in the "main" Ironman thread, so as to keep this an informative location.

As we all know, it was done right. Please post a catalog page or magazine ad, or as close to an OEM model as you can. We still have the "...Ironman...80's" thread to post the hot rods, all other Ironman gouge, but this thread is for those who want to reference OEM information. (As if I make the rules...)

Last edited by cb400bill; 01-15-21 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Restored