View Single Post
Old 08-28-18, 10:46 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10955 Post(s)
Liked 7,483 Times in 4,185 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Has anyone here actually had a problem with BB30 on a cannondale? I've had 2 CAADXs and a SuperX all BB30 and they've all been fine, I replace the bearings and use loctite and they are flawless until the bearings themselves get crunch due to water ingress but that happens to just about any cyclocross bike
My wife's road bike is a Synapse Sora from '15 or so. The crank and BB have been perfect so far. No maintenance no issues.

A couple years ago I worked probably 6 times thru the summer on a Synapse Disc Tiagra that was a raging POS. The bottom bracket/crankset clicked no matter what was done. It was a teen's bike who I train with thru the spring and summer and the bike shop couldnt get it to stop, neither could I. It was annoying to even ride with him, much less be the rider of that bike. I ended up giving a Shimano crankset to him and he had to buy a Wheels Mfg BB adapter. Noise was gone after that.

A metal bottom bracket shell should have threads. Simple as that.