Flip Flop Rider

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 555 Times in 322 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
Are you kidding?
A person says they will withhold sex if you don't bend to their will and your wondering what to do. And this is just the beginning. What other issues will she do that with? To me, that is a huge red flag to be whipping out over something so trivial.

If you are putting 1/2 the money into a house that, presumably, is 1/2 yours, do what you want and tell her to deal with it. That's who she's with. You have bikes hanging in the dining room so its no surprise to her. She could try being glad you have a passion instead of just being a couch potato.

I think men make a mistake when they let their spouses mold them into what the spouse expects them to be. It leads to passive aggressive resentment down the road and odd behaviors when they try to exert their independence in a more unhealthy way.

And, for what it's worth. I keep my commuter bike right in the front entry way because it's convenient and I use it every day. In our kitchen she's kept a wax pear on the island and for over ten years no one has ever eaten it. What you say is you'll look for a house with two spare rooms. She can do what she wants with hers and you will do what you want with yours. If she balks at that you know it's a straight up power struggle issue.

I also have a fish room for my aquarium hobby and at one time had 10 aquariums going (hence the room), a workshop and a large library as I collect books. I decided 28 years ago to build a life together with my wife and to dedicate all of my assets and earning power to it and those things are a part of my life. There's no way I'll be delegated to the garage/mancave. The pay off for my wife is that I am quite happy in the life we've built together and not off somewhere or with someone else. She has often remarked that she appreciates my ability to stand up for what I believe strongly about as she could not respect a weak man who let her push him around. Something to think about.
​​​​​​​this guy!!