View Single Post
Old 08-30-18, 07:03 AM
dennis336

Bikes: Trek Domane, Surly Disc Trucker

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 68 Posts
Wait, people don't keep their bikes in their bed and sleep with them at night?!?!?!?

Having said that ....
  • Unless my wife suggested it (which she wouldn't as she's not a cyclist), I wouldn't see myself leaving my bike(s) in any of the main living areas of the house. I'm pretty sure, even if she was a cyclist, keeping them in the house would probably not happen, especially if it led to tracking mud or grease in the house.
  • Having said that, if our setup was such that I had a separate 'man-cave' room for working out and wanted to store my bikes there, I don't think we'd have any issue if there was a direct entry to the man-cave that didn't cause the main living areas to get messy.
  • fwiw, My bikes that are in regular use are in the garage. My 'off-season' bike(s) go in the basement.
  • As an aside, been married 35 years so we've kind of worked out a lot of the details of day-to-day living and compromising.
Oh, one more thing ... if you found someone who wants to stay with you when you have a sign-in name of 'DeadGrandpa', she sounds like a keeper!!

Last edited by dennis336; 08-30-18 at 07:13 AM.