Old 04-04-19, 07:29 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
Isn't road geometry with bigger tires basically just a CX bike? My Swiss Cross is essentially a Road Logic with a higher BB, longer chainstays, 10mm shorter reach, and a 1.5º more slack headtube. But the Cross will just fit a 38 in back, while the Road Logic will just fit a 30. I've absolutely zero complaints about the comfort of my Ritchey. It is unquestionably my "all roads" bike.

I just looked at the geometry for the Warroad in my size-- no thanks. That's way more relaxed and upright than what I like. That's long before I get to the bonkers pricetag. It's priced at least $1,500 over what it's worth.
Depends on what you mean by "CX Bike". CX used to mean a fairly specific set of properties e.g. 65mm BB drop and being in compliance with what the UCI allowed for racing (since CX is well a race), which of course was after CX specific rigs became a thing and people weren't just training offroad on their road bikes (using the wrong tool for the wrong purpose as a training aid)...nowadays it is very wishy-washy.

As opposed to "gravel bike" which has never really meant anything at any point. Whether OS tubing or not.