Thread: Fazua Evation
View Single Post
Old 04-14-19, 07:16 AM
Auldian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did a 87mile ride yesterday with over 3500 ft of climbing and the back half of the ride into a 18mph headwind. The average speed was 16.5mph so a lot of the ride was done with no assistance. Careful use of the motor (only on the hills) allowed the battery to last the whole way (it went totally flat yards from my house). I have to say that apart from the climbs the rest of the ride was far from enjoyable especially the 30+ miles into the headwind with no motor assist (rolling terrain and battery switch off to conserve power for climbs at end of the ride). With the aerodynamics of a brick and the 15kg weight (bottles cameras saddle bag etc) the windward leg was made all the more difficult, in fact bloody hard. Got the Paralane2 to help me stay with my club mates on our normal 60 - 80 mile rides, but I think I will have to reevaluate the benefits of an eBike for this sort of use. For someone who is prepared to ride 30 miles or so within the 25kph EU legal limit, and enjoy the feel of a drop bar road bike, these are perfect. Perhaps need to wait till the overall weight comes down and the battery life increases to make it a viable option for a dedicated club cyclist with health issues.