Thread: GT Zaskar
View Single Post
Old 06-03-19, 11:52 PM
AngryFrankie

Bikes: Trek 400 Elance, Losa Winner, 1994 Schwinn Paramount, Specialized Tarmac Pro, Miele SLX, Ibis Ripley, Colnago Oval CX, 84 Masi GC, 1986 Schwinn Voyageur, 1988 Schwinn Tempo, 1998 Schwinn Peloton, 1991 Paramount Ser3

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 55 Posts
Depending on how the sloping top tube is measured, it might be about 17.5 (measured virtually, as if it had a level to the ground top tube, or center to top of seat tube. Whoever rode it was flying a LOT of seatpost and a crazy riser stem.) The Zaskar was the bread and butter GT race bike of that time (The ZR road bikes ridden by Lotto some time ago, were "Zaskar Road"!) It's highly regarded. Like their Stumpjumper. There was the titanium version, the Xizang, but those were for rich kids and sponsored GT riders. Value? Unfortunately, 26" wheels that were made in big numbers top out around 175 or so sold by an individual on something like CL. As a junior starter MTB, great bike. So, don't pay a lot (if you can get it for -$75, great, maybe less. Auctions, sometimes you get them really cheap.) As I type this, I'm looking at that Judy and thinking, I've seen a bunch of those in the co-op the last few years, and they all were shot, with dried out elastomers that were collapsed. Those were I think Judy XCs, that had springs, elastomers, oil and rebounding. So, unless the fork feels really good and smooth, or you can easily replace it...maybe stay away. What a mess of a post. Sorry.

1. Don't pay more than about $75.
2. Beware that the fork might be bad.

P.S. Send me the Flite saddle if you get it. :-) Those are my huckleberry!

Last edited by AngryFrankie; 06-03-19 at 11:56 PM. Reason: added