View Single Post
Old 08-24-06, 12:58 PM
blknwhtfoto

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It seemed really touchy when I first got it(my first recumbent) but after I got used to the bike, it doesn't seem to bad. It is absolutely great for commuting in, due to the twitchiness I think. If a car pulls in front of me, I can just lean over and scoot around them. Riding one handed is do-able but it took me a while to get the hold of it. No Hands isn't possible(thats the story for most SWBs from the story i've heard). It has a 41" wheel base maybe 42". It's great, save for the handlebars it fits on the bus bike racks. Sometimes I have to maneuver it a bit, because of the h-bars, but it always works. I am also a giant, so maybe my girth makes the bike look a bit smaller.
I really like your "name". After thinking about it, I am oil free as well now. My city's Utility Board just started a wind power program. It is only 2 cents more per/kWh. They were going to raise everyone's rates 4 cents, then decided they could make due with 2 cents raise. Why not just switch everyone over to their wind and solar power and just tack on the extra 2 cents?