Old 09-03-08, 01:38 PM
GrannyPam

Bikes: Merida PC550, and an ordinary non-electric grandma type bicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Merida PC550 using NIMH battery pack

OK, I just got one of these at an estate sale. It seems quite new, no tire wear, and so on. It rides great, but needs a battery pack. I got about 2 miles on my first try (but I hadn't charged it, that was with whatever charge was left when I purchased it.

I got 2.25 miles out of it on my first real test today, and am recharging to see if I can do better tomorrow.

I was pretty much pedaling all the time, but I can feel it assist me, I was riding in a flat area, and I'm not an experienced cyclist, and I'm not young and strong. It seems to stop assisting when a certain tempo is reached, and after reading everything I could find on it I believe this is how it is supposed to work.

I'm pretty happy with the bike, and I plan to use it to go to the local stores and library. I'll bring back groceries, no more than the thing can handle (considering my none to small rear is riding, too). No heavy commuting, just want to be out of the car and exercising as much as I can.

So, I need a new battery pack, and options seem limited. I'm not likely to convert, revert or subvert <g>, I just want to buy a battery.

I've checked a lot of sources suggested in various forums, with no success. Any ideas?