Old 02-24-21, 10:15 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,189 Times in 605 Posts
Originally Posted by JB_Nicholson
I have recently gotten really into cycling and decided to upgrade from my hybrid bike to a road bike. Knowing that some of the roads are tough in my area, and that I wanted off-road as an option - I got a Diverge Elite E5. While I'm sure I'll put lots of off-road miles on it, I also really want to do my first century ride this summer on paved road.

Is this a nutso goal on a gravel bike?
What tires would you recommend?
Any other modifications that I should make?
Has anyone attempted a road century on a Diverge?
What's the furthest most people have ridden a Diverge on a paved road and how did it go?

Thanks in advance!
At the risk of echoing what others have said ... of course you can ride a century on a "gravel" bike. All that matters is that it fits/you are comfortable on it. People have ridden across countries, and around the world, on almost any 'type' of bicycle you could think of.

I've only ridden three centuries; none of them were on a 'road bike'. First was on my now-antiquated 26er hardtail mtb, with road slicks. Second and third were on my flat-bar 'hybrid' (in Biek Forms-speak). No problems at all on any of those three rides.

If the bike (Diverge) works well for you, and you are in shape for the ride, you'll have no problem at all.