View Single Post
Old 09-14-21, 08:20 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11030 Post(s)
Liked 7,576 Times in 4,226 Posts
Originally Posted by Schlafen
And I don't want to take that away from you mate, but, for the rest of the world I actually stated my weight in kg as well.
To be clear, I really do like reading it because it isnt common so its not like i have to google it frequently. And in your example, you added kg which helps give me a general idea(i double it then cut a bit to get my pounds estimate) so it really does work fine.
It sounds snarky, but I do get a kick out of seeing 'stone' because in my mind its such a dead unit of weight. Obviously its very much alive elsewhere though.
This reminds me of when I was younger and would hear someone say 'it cost 4 quid' and I would have 0 idea what that translates to. It meant as much as if someone said 'it cost 4 maroon'. But then once I realized thats just slang for 'pound', I got all sorts of confused again since 'pound' meant currency and not weight!

Good stuff.