View Single Post
Old 06-04-15, 07:35 PM
VintageRide

Bikes: 1970 Gitane TDF; 1985 Norco Magnum GT ; 2013 Rawland Stag ; 1981 Fuji 650b; Early '80's Kuwahara Cascade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 55 Posts
I feel like I am basically repeating myself at this point, but since I am close to having the Urago completed will add a few recent images for prosperity. I mounted a pair of Challenge 25mm Stradas as the previous tubulars were mismatched though freebies, I did get the Stradas quite cheap so that was good. Also added an Ideale adjustable seat clamp, ( steel seatpost was 25.6mm - too large so ordered a 25.4mm which worked ) mounted the Simplex shift lever with band clamp which I will use for now and installed some Simplex logo handlebar plugs and a reproduction of a French 1950's brake cable stay - which you can see just above the stem. Kind of a neat little thing.

I missed out on a Urago bell on Ebay France - it would have been a nice addition but maybe one day another one will show up. I am looking at a correct style of aluminum frame pump I will try to acquire and just need to get the front Simplex rod shifter attached - hopefully soon. That is about it for now and I do intend on taking it out for a good ride sometime soon. Also will be getting a Stronglight 49D in the near future. From the head tube angle and fork rake I think it would be safe to say the bike is low trail by design for better or worse. Head tube is 73 degrees with a fork rake of 70mm which calculates as 31mm with wheel flop of 9mm. Perhaps some weight up front ( like two handlebar mounted water bottles ) might help out.

Last edited by VintageRide; 06-04-15 at 07:54 PM.