Old 02-08-21, 05:36 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by MakiNn
Race availability such as Nationals, for example Cory could have raced the US Pro national Race but Justin would have to be "invite" which he was but once he was told he couldn't bring his team he said no to USA cycling.

There are also UCI races that technically Cory could have raced where Justin most likely would need an invite, but they are if not all over seas so not really sure that mattered much.
That is why I didn't understand the laugh. He was not limited outside of a registered team wanting him. He wanted to bring his team and his team was not admitted. Aside from National Championships (ITT), I don't think Cat 1 vs Pro matters. At the pro level, you need a team invite, as it is a team sport. I don't see any limitation there outside of the ITT. If a team want's you - they get you that category. A few USAC races used to allow independent Cat 1 racers, but most do the team thing.

For a Euro pro you just need to be employed by the team, if you don't have the rank, they call and get you the rank.