View Single Post
Old 05-12-08, 06:27 PM
ccd rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hopperja

Ziemas, your argument "Many of us have ridden for years without a DiNotte taillight and are some how still alive......" is plain silly. I've never hit my head in a crash but for some reason I still ride with a helmet. I would even bet the vast majority of cyclists not only wear a helmet, but have never hit their head in a crash. Using your logic, we should all stop wearing helmets.
How do you figure? The EQUIVALENT of what he is saying is that there are helmets out there that are not as expensive as other helmets that do the job just fine. It's not a silly argument at all. We all put value judgements on EVERYTHING we choose in life. There are risks.....and there are calculated risks. Learn the distinction. If money was no object then we'd ALL have anything out there that is the ABSOLUTE best for our health/life. Some of us don't make enough money to justify spending that kind of cash on a light. And for every point you make for its brightness, it is still no GUARANTEE that you will not die or be injured riding a bike. I think riding smart and defensively (proactively) will take you a lot further than relying....perhaps in a FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY.....on an extremely bright light to save your life.