Old 08-08-19, 12:56 PM
t_e_r_r_y

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by rando_couche
Tell me about those tires! I'm setting up my 30yo xc bike as a gravel bike and am looking for tires that will work well both on and off pavement.

Thanks
at ~$30 for a tire, tube, and a couple tire tools, they're great! a little bit on the heavy side at around 2lbs each, but i wasn't sure how big of a tire i could fit in this frame and didn't want to drop $70 on something like a rene herse tire to find out it wouldn't fit. i'm glad i went this route, i'm having a lot of fun with them so far.

i did some pretty loose and rutty single track climbing on this bike last weekend, with grades up to 15% or so, and i didn't have any traction issues at all at ~35lbs in each tire. i had planned to air down some if needed, but didn't end up needing to. did a super loose gravel descent on the same ride as well and they performed really well.

on road, they are awesome. the center inverse filing (or however you'd describe that) makes for quick, quiet rolling, and they are super grippy ripping corners at speed.

here's where i got them if you're interested - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1