View Single Post
Old 08-22-19, 06:35 PM
Loose Chain

Bikes: 84 Pinarello Trevisio, 86 Guerciotti SLX, 96 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2010 Surly Cross Check, 88 Centurion Prestige, 73 Raleigh Sports, GT Force, Bridgestone MB4

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by seau grateau
The 120mm stem could be on there for any number of reasons (aesthetics, absence of hoods, previous owner had long arms, etc.). Use the stem that puts the bars where you want/need them.
Yes, I understand, and one point, the bicycle is new so therefore it had no PO. I was just wondering if the stem is seemingly long as compared to my road bikes due to there being no hoods. That was all. My VO 100mm stem came today, thanks VO, super fast I must say!!!!!!. Now waiting on my new alloy Cinelli "65" bars. These things should help the bar position and reduce the weight of the (I am told) heavy steel track bar's contribution to my slightly heavy Pista. My goal is 18ish pounds.

TimothyH, thank you. I appreciate your link, a worthy goal for me to match, lol. I would have guessed you around 5-9 just looking at the bike, your post above says 5-10 and your linked page says you are 5-8! No worries, you seem to like a very aggressive set up, I did too when I was younger, but nowadays I have started to go more to the larger side of my fit range to reduce the saddle to bar drop a little. My bike measures out (by my method) to be a 56cm but the Bianchi decal I removed says 57cm so they measured seat tube C/T, I use C/C and TT length C/C. No matter, I was just curious as bike fit is an area of interest to me from my competitive years. Oh, me? I am 5-10 and a skosh and shrinking, I have a cycling inseam of 86cm (33.8 inches). Long legs, long arms, slightly short torso and a touch of scoliosis. I like your set up, I will try to come close and have the second most expensive Bianchi Pista .

The saddle on this things is super comfy, I think I will keep it even if it is a bit heavy.