View Single Post
Old 08-28-19, 07:37 PM
Loose Chain

Bikes: 84 Pinarello Trevisio, 86 Guerciotti SLX, 96 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2010 Surly Cross Check, 88 Centurion Prestige, 73 Raleigh Sports, GT Force, Bridgestone MB4

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by TugaDude
I had a chrome pista like yours but sadly it was too big. It was listed as a 57cm but I swear it rode like a 60. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if I could get a deal on it like I did the first time around.

Glad you are loving yours. You mentioned "fake" hoods and the fact that many look janky. I agree. I did see some knobs that served the same purpose that might work for you. Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture. They basically attach where you would rest your hands and clamp around the bar. They can be purchased in a color to coordinate with your bar wrap. I thought Velo Orange had them but couldn't find them on their site.

Yeah, those are what I had in mind for sure.

Yes, I think the reason the Pista and other track type bikes I have ridden seem to ride large (for their size) despite the aggressive geometry is the long stems. I removed the 120mm stem and installed the VO 100mm stem (a nicer, lighter stem) and the "large"ness has disappeared entirely, it feels super quick but not twitchy now.