View Single Post
Old 09-03-19, 09:31 PM
Loose Chain

Bikes: 84 Pinarello Trevisio, 86 Guerciotti SLX, 96 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2010 Surly Cross Check, 88 Centurion Prestige, 73 Raleigh Sports, GT Force, Bridgestone MB4

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 56 Posts
My bare weight is now 20.5 pounds. The Dia-Compe drop bar hand rests came in, as pictured earlier in the thread. Not installed yet but included in the weight. The part number is DC138/BK for anyone looking. I think they are used often on tandem bicycles. They are good quality and not much extra weight. I may wait until I have to re-wrap my bars to install. The Michelin Lithion 2 folding bead tires are nice, I use them on several bikes, and they are inexpensive. I usually get the 220 gm 23 size but these are the 235 gm 25mm. Much lighter than the wire beaded clunkers that were OEM. I reused the tubes and did not install my racing lightweight tubes as the installed tubes were not especially heavy as I thought they would be so might as well get some use from them. From here it could get expensive to reduce weight, new wheels/hubs in due course will come. I think 19 pounds bare is possible with a few more tweaks including a wheel set. A carbon fork, different saddle and seat post and a higher end crank set with hollow spindle would be needed to get to 18 give or take.

Thanks ceelint, I always use a torque wrench, I am actually an A&P mechanic. I doubt the stem clamp will break but I will keep an eye on it.

Last edited by Loose Chain; 09-03-19 at 09:35 PM.